Montag, 26. März 2012

Sew Out Loud! QAL Keep Calm block

It's finally my turn in {Sew Out Loud} Quilt Along.

 
I designed a quite simple block. You may know the British quote "Keep Calm and Carry On". There are several cute modifications out there. I transformed it to "Keep Calm and Rip On" - we all have to rip out seams one day ;)

You can download the paper piecing templates here.

block1

After you have sewn the PP parts just add a bit of background fabrics around them to form your block. So you can make the block the size you want (I made mine 12"x12").

CIMG4780

You can hand embroider the written words. I thread painted mine with the free motion feed of my machine. I interfaced the background of the block with a fusible interfacing to give support. You can use my PDF print as a template or draw your own hand writing.

my final block

Fat Quarter Shop has generously sponsored fabrics for this QAL. Check out their amazing fabrics!


Please show your finished blocks in our Flickr group.

Here is another colour way I made for testing my pattern.

Sample block

Thanks and have fun!
Susanne

Kommentare:

Muriël hat gesagt…

It's a fun block, Susanne!!

Bea hat gesagt…

Cool! Sehr modern! Prima! Gefällt mir!
LG Bea

Melanies Nähwerkstatt hat gesagt…

So, jetzt habe ich deinen Block erstmal ausgedruckt. Mal sehen, wann ich ihn nähe. Gibt es ein Datum, bis wann dein Block bzw. die Blöcke fertig sein sollten? Und wieviele werden es insgesamt?
Viele Grüße
Melanie

Patti hat gesagt…

Perfect block for me! I am one with my ripper! Looking forward to doing this one so much and trying some free motion writing too.

Elsa hat gesagt…

fabulous block!

Nicky hat gesagt…

It's what I need when doing paper piecing - I seem to rip a lot then!

Simone de Klerk hat gesagt…

Love your block! And so recognizable. I must make this and hang it in front of my sewing machine!

Kelly O. hat gesagt…

thank you for designing this block! I loved piecing it!
I used it in a the making of a fabric basket for someone who wanted a sewing theme-- you can see it here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38549771@N05/8981644317/in/pool-2164078@N24/